Product Reviews: Manischewitz Gluten Free

Manischewitz makes a variety of food products, and I'll admit, I've never really looked at them.  In my mind, they've always been associated with dietary restrictions that aren't a part of my life, not having been raised in a Jewish home.  Apparently, I've been missing out!

I was recently asked if I would be interested in trying some of the gluten-free products that have been added to Manischewitz's line of Health and Wellness Foods. 

Whaaat?!!!  Manischewitz makes gluten free foods?

Guiltless Gourmet Crunches roasted chashew crunch snacks are gluten free, vegan, and contain no GMO ingredients.  The information sheet I received with the product claims that they are "deliciously addictive".  I completely agree!  They are just sweet enough without being too sweet, they are loaded with roasted cashews, and they are sooooo good. 

Guiltless Gourmet Crunches are Kosher for Passover and year round.



The other product I tried was the Manischewitz Gluten Free Shells Yolk Free Noodle Style Pasta.  I cooked them according to package directions, but wish I had checked on them a little sooner.  The directions called for a cooking time of 9 to 11 minutes, and I set the timer for 10 minutes.  At that point they were beginning to fall apart, as is a common problem with gluten free pasta.  Their flavor was bland (as is also common with wheat-free pasta) and ready to pick up whatever sauce or other ingredients that would be added to them.  Next time I'll shorten the cooking time a bit.

The Manischewitz Gluten Free Shells are made in Isreal, come in 12 oz. bags, and are also for Passover and year round.

I neglected to take a photo of the bag of pasta before cooking.  I was thinking I could just grab a photo from their website, but none were available.  And I didn't start working on this post until we ate the pasta for dinner, so I only have a photo of the empty bag.  [sigh]


Manischewitz makes several other gluten-free products as well, which I plan to look for and try soon.

Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Corn Tortillas

Whole Grain Gluten Free Bread

Namaste Gluten Free Product Reviews and PRIZE GIVEAWAY