King Arthur Gluten Free Flour and Baking Mixes

The King Arthur Flour Company, founded in 1790, has a reputation for producing high quality baking supplies. So when I heard that they were making gluten free flours and mixes, I had high hopes that they would be good. I wasn’t disappointed.


Their Gluten Free Multi-purpose Flour is a good all purpose flour blend for gluten free baking. It does not contain xanthan gum or other gums, which is a benefit for those people who are sensitive to gums. I’ve used it successfully in cookies, cakes and quick breads with the addition of a little xanthan gum (the KA website recommends ½ tsp. gum/cup of flour). King Arthur flour also works well in making a roux for thickening gravy and sauces.


King Arthur also makes gluten free baking mix. I enjoyed a delicious chocolate cake for my birthday this year (thanks Mom and Laura!) made from King Arthur gluten free chocolate cake mix.

My daughter recently found a variety of  King Arthur gluten free mixes at a local grocery store and brought home the gluten free brownie mix for us to try. Oh my goodness! Those brownies were so good, a whole pan of chewy, gooey, rich chocolaty goodness. Our regular grocery store only sells the King Arthur gluten free flour, but their mixes are worth making a trip to another store.

Note: I have no relationship with King Arthur Flour. They have never heard of me and are not compensating me in any way for writing this review.

If anyone has tried their other mixes or their bread flour, I would love to hear what you thought of them.

Cindy

Comments

  1. We were super excited to see their flours, but when I received the ingredients, they all had corn. Betty Crocker's white cake mix and their Bisquick don't have corn, so they're safe for us. I have been making my own gluten free all purpose flour in large batches and storing it for baking as needed. Works great.

    My 3-year-old son had severe eczema until he was diagnosed with food allergies a few months back. I have a blog that shares our family’s battles with eczema, allergies, and asthma (yes, lucky guy has that too).

    I think the key is to learn from one another, so the more information out there to the masses, the better. With this in mind I’ve started a blog hop for anyone dealing with food allergies, eczema, or asthma, either for themselves or as a caregiver. If you’re interested in joining, please add a comment. I’d love to welcome you to the group. http://itchylittleworld.wordpress.com/blog-hop/


    Thanks.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Corn Tortillas

Whole Grain Gluten Free Bread

Namaste Gluten Free Product Reviews and PRIZE GIVEAWAY