Cookie Dough in the Freezer

Some people enjoy baking. I am not one of them.


I do, however, enjoy eating baked goods.

I especially love homemade cookies. To avoid having to make dough from scratch every time I want to bake cookies, I usually freeze part of the cookie dough whenever I make a batch. Then I can take out the frozen dough balls to bake at a later time.

Here’s the method I use for making and storing the frozen cookie dough:

Cut a piece of waxed paper about twice the size of a gallon zipper-seal freezer bag. If the paper isn’t exactly the right size, just fold over one edge to make it work.

Measure out the cookie dough portions on the waxed paper, leaving a little space between them so they don’t stick together. The area covered by the dough balls should be smaller than the size of the zipper-seal bag.

Fold over the remaining waxed paper to cover the dough balls, and slip the entire package into the zipper-seal bag.

Repeat, and layer 2 or 3 “dough packages” into each bag. Label and put in the freezer.

Whenever you want to bake cookies, remove the dough packages from the freezer and place the frozen dough balls on the baking sheet. Allow to thaw slightly while the oven preheats. Since the dough will still be slightly frozen, the cookies will take slightly longer to bake.

Enjoy having fresh homemade cookies anytime!

Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Corn Tortillas

Whole Grain Gluten Free Bread

Namaste Gluten Free Product Reviews and PRIZE GIVEAWAY