Gluten Free Cheddar Biscuits

We recently ate at a seafood restaurant that has really good garlic cheese biscuits, and my daughter told me that she likes my cheese biscuits better! I hadn’t made them for a long time, so after receiving her compliment (smart girl, my daughter), I felt compelled to make a batch. I’ll admit, they’re not really as good as biscuits made with wheat, but there’re not bad. They certainly disappeared fast.

Gluten Free Cheddar Biscuits
¾ cup white rice flour
½ cup tapioca flour
½ cup cornstarch
2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 Tbls. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
¼ cup shortening
¾ cup milk
1 egg white
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine all dry ingredients.
Cut in shortening.
Combine milk and slightly beaten egg white. Mix into dry ingredients and cheese.
Drop onto greased baking sheet and bake about 15 minutes.
Makes one dozen biscuits.

Printable Recipe

Comments

  1. Ah, garlic and cheese biscuits. Served warm, of course :) yummy!

    It's not surprising someone would like your version better, as I keep finding more and more people that actually *prefer* the gluten-free recipe versions of various things, including breads, cakes, and more. So, bring on the biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    Thanks for the comment! Good luck with your cookbook sales. I'm working on one too, and so I know how much work these are to put together.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with garlic and cheese in a biscuit, no matter what the base. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the recipe from Bob's for the coconut ones and they are pretty good. My gluten eating family even liked them.
    Kids are smart aren't they. Flattery will get you anywhere, especially if it comes from our kids lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Corn Tortillas

Whole Grain Gluten Free Bread

Namaste Gluten Free Product Reviews and PRIZE GIVEAWAY